Balance Babes and Blokes, March Madness is here. As we head in to the biggest week of the year to date, I thought it a good time to pen my first Captain’s Blog.
It all started tonight with Jocie cracking the whip at the squads with a TT session. We have the regular training sessions through the week, but with big storms on the way, be sure to check Facebook to make sure training is happening. Safety first, and all that.
Thursday night the Balance Festivus kicks off, with the final Bolt race of the season. You know the drill, register your time, turn up and run watches off, claim glory because you’re a time shark (I’m looking at you Matt Murphy), then cool down with a post run bevo at our sponsors, The Royal Hotel.
I don’t think we’ve had a closer field who could take out the major prizes. So far the members who have met the 4 race minimum are Adam Kavanagh, Fiona Horn, Liz Robinson, Michael Tayar and Sophia Herdina.
While there are other members who are on 3 races and need to turn up this week to be eligible for the awesome finale prizes, they are: Alana Leabeater, Ben Taylor, Brad Homer, David Clark, Don Parsons, Ellen Leabeater, Geoff Main, Jacqui Webster, Jenny Brown, Krista King, Kylie Walker, Matt Murphy, Sarah Koen & yours truly.
There will still be the usual prizes for Race 5, so while you may not be eligible for the overall win, you can still win some fantastic prizes on the night.
Once the Bolt is run and won, we turn our attention to NSW Tri Club Champs, in the lovely town of Orange. A huge Balance contingent are heading away to race and volly in order to show Balance to truly be the best club around. For those first timers, you will have the weekend of your life – and I am not prone to exaggeration. The fever itinerary looks like:
- Friday night – pub dinner with the crew who have booked in (and are able to bludge work/study off), grab your goodie bags.
- Saturday morning – enjoy a sleep-in, with a late start there is plenty of time for brekkie (or wine tasting) before you race.
- Race time – this is the big one, remember you are out there to have a good time (or take it seriously, depending on your DNA). You wont experience a more supportive crowd than at club champs. It is one epic race.
- Saturday night – awards ceremony, conveniently in the same venue where the club accom is located, this is always a cracking night. Props to the organising committee for nailing the location.
- Sunday – Big Balance Buffet Breaky – clear the head and fill the tummy with some fine fare before you hit the road back to Sydney town.
These are the highlights, there will be plenty more action going on.
Choo-choo-choo … the fever train is about to leave Balance Station, first stop The Bolt. See you there.